DBI-SALA Suspension Trauma Safety StrapPart Number: 9501403
* The Suspension Trauma Strap allows a worker who is suspended to stand up in their harness to relieve pressure.
* This is a safety accessory that can be attached to most harness brands/styles right in the field.
* Installation to your harness is fast and efficient - just choke off to strap and it's ready.
* The safety strap's extremely compact and lightweight design stays out of the worker's way.
* The deployment and operation of this is fool-proof, simply unzip, and hook straps together.
* The continuous loop design allows for either one or two-foot suspension relief without pinching.
What is Suspension Trauma?
The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap was designed to help a worker overcome the potential negative health impacts of suspension trauma (otherwise known as Orthostatic Intolerance). This condition can occur when a person remains suspended at height (after a fall) for even short periods of time. Suspension in a harness may cause blood to pool in the veins of the legs which can result in unconsciousness; if not rescued promptly, serious injury or death may occur. OSHA requires that employers provide for prompt rescue of employees in the event of a fall. The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap is designed to prevent suspension trauma while a worker is awaiting rescue.